Sunday, November 09, 2008

Naina and Sam part- 2

If there's any one who believes in signs then here is the second part of the story for you only. 4 days ago, I finally got down to filling up a registration form for Sam. It is from a blog run by a lady in Mumbai who harbors a passion for the Indian breed of dogs, those which are always more in number in any locality than needed, and those who are the most preferred victims of physical and mental abuse by us, humans and the other canines of the same community. I filled up the form and received reply from her about collar tags which I have been wanted for Sam for a long while. When I googled for her, I reached her blog and despite feeling very sleepy at 11 pm, I ran through it, smiling while seeing the picture of so many wonderfully adorable dogs like Sam and where their owners had to share about their antics and story. This action made me very sentimental and I spent a large amount of time scrolling through it.
The very next morning when I opened the door to our tiny apartment, I saw a Labrador sitting in the front balcony of a flat opposite to ours, following the movement of the pedestrians below.
I had met this pup around 7 - 8 months back when it was very tiny and held him and it had licked my hands and face with great elations and hyper energy. During the months gone by, I had seen him a couple of times only and it was still unclear as to which flat did it stay in until this beautiful vision. I smiled and new that I was going to have a good day.
A few minutes later, on the 8km drive to work, I encountered a gleaming Toyota Corolla on a narrow and tight road that I take through a residential colony as even I am, a spillover from the disaster our BRT which otherwise costs me only 5 km to work but twice the fuel. The corolla’s front seats were occupied and it has a yellow on black number plate. When my eyes wandered at the back seat, I found, to my absolute delight, a beautiful adult golden retriever sitting majestically in the precise centre of the seat, with an overconfident and royal expression on his face. I say his, as he wore a broad leader collar with brass studs on it. I could catch this glimpse when I desperately overtook the car from the left in order to get a closer look. This vision added or rather exponentially raised my joy level. This was a sight, which I am sure I will always remember.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home